Looking for the perfect summer cocktail? Look no further than my version of a Watermelon Cooler. Combining watermelon and coconut water in one drink creates a delicious and refreshing duo. The addition of rum or tequila in the mix adds a much needed kick in the recipe. And the green garnish of fresh basil or mint leaves will tickle your senses as you go for every sip.
The recipe below serves 2-3 depending on the glass. So multiply as needed.
Also this recipe can be turned into a mocktail by excluding the spirit.
Watermelon Cooler (Serves 2-3)
100ml White Rum or Tequila
3 Cups of Diced Watermelon
1 Cup/250ml Coconut Water (Hydro Coco)
50ml of Fresh Lime Juice
Homemade Simple Syrup or Honey
1. Place the watermelon, coconut water, and fresh lime juice into a blender. Blend on high till completely liquified.
2. Pour into a glass over ice and add simple syrup or honey to taste.
3. Garnish with basil or mint leaves.
Instructions for Homemade Simple Syrup
1. Combine equal parts hot water and sugar in a cup and stir till dissolved.
2. Let cool and keep in a bottle or container in the fridge.